Tuesday, October 28, 2014

YYZ

28 OCT - Liz drove us out to the Toronto Airport (YYZ) this morning so I could clear the bike through Canadian Customs. Paid $80 to the freight forwarder for handling the bike and processing the paperwork. Then went to Customs. All they asked, 'Is the bike clean?' Told them that I'd pressure washed it in Manchester and he 'stamped' the Airway Bill clearing the bike. Took all of one minute. They never looked at the bike.

Went back to the freight forwarder and they brought out the bike. Much to my surprise, and relief, it was in a container. My understanding was that it would be on a pallet and shrink-wrapped.

Tomorrow is a day for sightseeing in downtown Toronto and then dinner with Greg and Liz. I met Greg in the Yukon three years ago when we were both on our trips from Deadhorse, Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina.

Thursday we'll be back on the road and on the planned itinerary.

1 comment:

  1. Nice packing. I know who I will use for shipping next summer. Dave Rankine

    ReplyDelete