Thursday, September 11, 2014

Novosibirsk, Russia

11SEP - Its rained for the last 26 hours, enough already. Doesn't seem to phase the natives. Many don't even use an umbrella.  I don't have a 'rain suit' because my Klim riding suit is GoreTex. So, walking around town, in the rain, I wear my riding suit. It works and saves space on the bike.

For the first time on this trip it is projected to drop to 32 degrees overnight. Hopefully the rain won't turn to snow. With the ground still fairly warm I don't think black ice is yet a threat.

Overall weather forecasts predict little rain this time of year East of the Urals. Didn't expect this type of weather until we got closer to Moscow (another nine or ten days). And of course Moscow and St. Petersburg are have warmer weather and blue sky days. Hopefully that'll last for another two weeks.

1 comment: